Animated Gifs Dont Animate in AOL 7.0 !!!!!!!!!

Mad Boy 17:44 24 Feb 03

For some reason i cant get anything working correctly in AOL.

Before (and stil on some occasions) i cant save graphics as the the save dialog box displays *.ART instead of *.Gif or Jpeg etc (i turned off compressing graphics aswell but no change)

Anyway before i could see gifs animate, unless these particular ones dont animate, their not animating!

please check this link and tell me if it should animate so i know that i have nothing to worry about:

click here

Mad Boy 17:46 24 Feb 03

i just clicked on the link i posted to see if it was correct and its animating!

Strange

Mad Boy 17:48 24 Feb 03

Ummm, now i clicked on another gif from this list and no animation! somethings horribly dodgee here?

click here

Djohn 17:50 24 Feb 03

All work for me, and I'm on aol. J.

Mad Boy 17:52 24 Feb 03

WHAT?

Djohn 18:00 24 Feb 03

All work for me, and I'm on aol. :o)

MAJ 18:04 24 Feb 03

Not sure if it'll work for AOL (I don't use it), but try emptying your Temporary Internet Files folder.

wetterfugal 23:27 24 Feb 03

I am with AOL and I have just clicked your link and go a blank Tripod headed page but the animation "remote.gif" did not appear.

Aol use IE embedded in thier program but it acts diferently. If I have trouble I load IE seperately and it usually resolves the problem. You coul try that.

Have you tried creating an "Active Desktop" and saving animation to that? I have a three animations taken from web pages running, a dog running back and forth upto a yorkshire terrier doing cartwheels. I also have a animated map of the world showing positions of satlites and the sun at this current time

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…