Animated Gifs

RussG 19:51 29 Oct 06

I added a couple of animated gifs to a local HTML page yesterday. Today they only work in Opera and netscape, no animation in IE7 or firefox. Anyone got any ideas why, just noticed this today, sure they were working yesterday. I have installed PCguard from Blueyonder and also IE7 since yesterday, can't see how this is affecting things though. Strange.
RussG

RussG 18:44 30 Oct 06

Everything now working, no idea how.

Incony 00:31 12 Nov 06

Zone Alarm for example, can, and will stop animations and pictures appearing, depending on the privacy settings in ZoneAlarm Pro...

So, its also possible that other PC protection software like that will do the same. Its Often not easily seen that specific privacy settings are causing it, or fundamental privacy settings in IE for example.

I still have one or two programs that encounter image display blocking from Zone Alarm, despite me trying to enable every possibility, by granting permissions. sometimes shutting it down, the pics load normally, and from then on no more problems while they remain in web cache or are stored somewhere specific the program using them knows, even after ZA is restarted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5