Animated gifs

tankerman 16:58 15 Feb 04

IE v6.0 no longer playing animated gifs. Have restored all settings to default and verified that 'Play Animations' is checked in Multmedia section of advanced tab under 'options'. Animations will run in IE for my website preview when files loaded from c:drive through the web-design program but not when the site is opened from the server even though all uploaded files are identical. I fancy that no other animated gifs are played on other websites either.
Any ideas?

D-Frame 23:02 18 Feb 04

Th eonly thing i can think of is:

INTERNET OPTIONS --> ADVANCED --> SCROLL DOWN (about halfway down) TO MULTIMEDIA SECTION THEN MAKE SURE "PLAY ANIMATIONS IN WEB PAGES" IS TICKED.

Thats all i can think of...

megat193 21:23 15 Dec 04

Yes, mine too. Now this happened to me earlier this year and somewhere in PC Advisor forums I found that it was a software update, could even have been Norton Antivirus, which had caused it. The trouble is I cannot remember what it was, other than having to locate and delete the contents of a folder. So until I find that forum, or remember which folder to delete, I am stuck, like you.

megat193 21:45 15 Dec 04

It was Zone Alarm that was the cause. Zone Alarm updates produce this effect. As it happens I had saved the instructions on my Desktop, so if anyone has this problem and has just updated/re-installed Zone Alarm then:

1. Go into the Overview Preferences tab and turn off "Load ZoneAlarm at startup".
2. Reboot into safe mode.
3. Go into the folder named internet logs {do a search if you don't know where it is in your OS}.
4. Delete everything in that folder.
5. Empty the recycle bin.
6. Reboot into normal windows.
7. Restart ZA manually.
8. Recheck the "Load ZoneAlarm at startup".

Hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…