Animated avatars

whisked 01:37 23 Jan 03
  whisked 01:37 23 Jan 03

Ok, i want to save an animated avatar to my pc but right clicking on it just leaves a still of it as a gif or jpg, what am i doing wrong?

Djohn 01:42 23 Jan 03

Think you need to right click on avitar then choose properties and copy/paste the url and save that. J.

SafeHaven 01:50 23 Jan 03

whisked...i hate to mention this but you need permission from the maker and website before you can use the avatar because if they find out which thay can!! it's theft of copy rights and bandwidth. Just thought i would point that out being a victim of bandwidth theft :(

whisked 01:57 23 Jan 03

Surely no theft when website owner actively encourages you to use them? :)

SafeHaven 02:00 23 Jan 03

No it's not but some people are on the understanding that anyone can just take things at will. i was just pointing it out incase you didnt know and to save you problems in the future tc pat

whisked 02:06 23 Jan 03

No problem Safehaven, although im not one of the ones who thinks they can just help themselves!

Im sure your words of wisdom will make others who are think twice though. :)

Now all i have to do is resize the blasted thing!

Cheers for replies guys.

Stokey 09:47 23 Jan 03

You can "save picture as" when obtaining these things and they remain still (in your folder) but spring to life when put to actual use.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…