animalware/spyware?

happy dragon 08:12 11 May 06

hiya all,
my pc running windows xp, norton antivirus,sygate firewall infected with what i think is animalware ,causing pop up to appear every three or so minutes saying pc infected you need to run anti malware click here , also yellow warning tri-angle with black excalmation mark telling me pc infected both i think are spyware and both appear in taskbar really annoying i have run spybot,adware and ewido net with no joy and i have subscribed to a2 but not had chance yet to run it . if this dos,nt remove as anyone got any other suggestions ewido found 16430 infections in mozilla wierd is this possible ? thank you all

johnnyrocker 08:20 11 May 06

sounds as if you have been runnning unprotected for some time, try cc cleaner (available from this sites downloads section) and get yourself spyware blaster from the same source when you are clear.

johnny.

happy dragon 08:36 11 May 06

thanks johnnyrocker but i do use cc cleaner all the time,as well as atf cleaner dont think theses will remove spyware just internet clutter etc.i have also run xoftspy which is good but still has,nt removed said items .

johnnyrocker 08:42 11 May 06

have you tried running again in safe mode with system restore disabled? might work.

johnny.

gudgulf 11:18 11 May 06

Sounds like mit could be Spyaxe/Spyfalcon or similar.

First check that it isn't Windows Messenger service by running Shoot the Messenger click here

Check for Spyaxe/Spyfalcon click here

A similar pest is Spywarequake click here

......and for a page full of links to similar problem to yours click here

happy dragon 18:29 12 May 06

got rid using 30 day trail of mcafee antispyware and webroot spysweeper so far everything clean pc back to normal

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…