Android Phone - Removing Google e-mail account

compumac 10:59 06 Jul 12

I am giving my Galaxy S phone to my daughter after purchasing the S3 and find that if I wish to remove my g-mail account I would have to put the phone back to its factory condition. I do not wish to do that and wonder as to whether, if my daughter creates a g-mail account on the phone will you be able then to remove my account.Anyone?

lotvic 11:44 06 Jul 12

No I don't think so. I believe you have to 'root' / 'jailbreak' and then change email in system root using editor on the phone.

But I have no idea how you do this.

northumbria61 11:54 06 Jul 12

I hope this helps enter link description here- it may be best if you create a new account for your daughter first

compumac 12:09 06 Jul 12

I believe that you can add another g-mail account and then de-select sync on other account. Not perfect, but as it is my daughter having the Galaxy S I can live with that. If it was going to A N Other then I would put back to factory condition.

northumbria61 12:18 06 Jul 12

compumac - that was my thoughts entirely.

lotvic 13:34 06 Jul 12

I have a lot to learn about these gizzmos :) (thanks northumbria61)

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Driverless cars in the UK - The story so far: How Google and the UK Government are testing self-drin…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

You can now publish data visualisations to the web from Power BI

Complete guide to Apple's campus 2, everything we know about the new spaceship HQ, plus: new drone…