Android Phone - Removing Google e-mail account

compumac 06 Jul 12

I am giving my Galaxy S phone to my daughter after purchasing the S3 and find that if I wish to remove my g-mail account I would have to put the phone back to its factory condition. I do not wish to do that and wonder as to whether, if my daughter creates a g-mail account on the phone will you be able then to remove my account.Anyone?

lotvic 06 Jul 12

No I don't think so. I believe you have to 'root' / 'jailbreak' and then change email in system root using editor on the phone.

But I have no idea how you do this.

northumbria61 06 Jul 12

I hope this helps enter link description here- it may be best if you create a new account for your daughter first

compumac 06 Jul 12

I believe that you can add another g-mail account and then de-select sync on other account. Not perfect, but as it is my daughter having the Galaxy S I can live with that. If it was going to A N Other then I would put back to factory condition.

northumbria61 06 Jul 12

compumac - that was my thoughts entirely.

lotvic 06 Jul 12

I have a lot to learn about these gizzmos :) (thanks northumbria61)

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Why Formula-e needs to go faster

How Instagram spots trends

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message