Android file system etc.

john bunyan 15:08 PM 22 Dec 12

Just got ,for a relative, Samsung Galaxy tablet, which has a 32Gig micro SD card.Android is the O/S. For my W7 I use the classic filing system of "My Documents" with sub and sub sub folders for photos, Word, Music etc. Also all discs etc are formatted to NTFS. Is there a built in "Windows Explorer" style filing system with Android and does one (if so how) format micro SD cards to NTFS? If not is there a good free app? Back ups will be done via cloud or via drop-box to another PC, but is there a "Acronis True Image" equivalent for Android?

Woolwell 15:54 PM 22 Dec 12

For file management the Galaxy should have the My Files app built in. How to use my files. This is similar to Windows Explorer.

Back up is primarily via Kies to pc. Data can be backed up/synced via dropbox, etc.

Not sure about the format question.

john bunyan 16:14 PM 22 Dec 12

Woolwell

Thanks for prompt reply, as usual!!

compumac 16:16 PM 22 Dec 12

I use File Manager HD from Rhythm Software on my Galaxy Tab 10.1 and found it to be very effective and very much like using Windows Explorer. Look in Play Store.

john bunyan 16:32 PM 22 Dec 12

compumac . Thanks. Also I am looking at Notpod which, I believe, allows syncing with iTunes.

Woolwell 17:14 PM 22 Dec 12

Kies should be able to import music from iTunes and import into the tablet. But have a look at Easy Phone Sync and Google Play Store. I haven't used it but reviews are not bad. Although it states phone it should work for tablet too.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…