Ancestry and SpeedTouch router

Allan RISC OS user 18:40 20 May 08

I am having a problem with my Router which only appears to occur when I am logged in to Ancestry and doing searches.

For a while all appears OK but after a while my router will re-set (all the lights go off) and I lose connection to the ISP and my other computer via the ethernet connection - I have the wireless facility switched off and have never used it.

This happens each time I click on "view printer friendly" or "search". However, sometimes if the above does not happen then a dialogue window appears asking if I wish to open or save file SSE.DLL, if I click open and use notepad the file is empty, if I save it is 0 bytes.

No other site appears to cause this problem, and the Router functions correctly.

I have scanned for virus and spybot etc.,

I have not been able to find any help facility in Ancestry.com to cover this problem.

Help please.

brundle 18:55 20 May 08

It shouldn't affect the router at all unless it crashes your PCs ethernet drivers.

SSE.dll is part of the search feature at their end.

Version of Windows?

Test Javascript (used a lot on that site); click here

Woolwell 19:46 20 May 08

Ancestry.com is the USA site. Does the same problem occur with ancestry.co.uk? I don't get any problems.

Allan RISC OS user 12:25 21 May 08

thank you, I will try again!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…