Anark Client

rawprawn 14:45 12 Sep 04

Can anyone enlighten me about Anark Client. I know it is an advanced image program, but it seemed to arrive unsolicited onto my computer and deleting it seems difficult. I think I may have inadvertently downloaded it as an update foe Adobe Reader, do I need it ? Can anyone tell me if it is safe or if it is some kind of malware

Nellie2 16:24 12 Sep 04

It is not something I'm familliar with, I've had a quick look at some hijacklogs that include anark and the only thing I could find is an active X which isn't what I would call 'bad'

rawprawn 16:43 12 Sep 04

Thank you for the reply, I tied to uninstall it and it said it had uninstalled but it was still there which made me suspicious. I tried all the usual tricks, including deleting it through the registry., but no matter what I did I could not get rid of the Icon in Control Panel and if you click on it, it shows Anark Control panel with an update option which is ticked for auto a Components tab which show three enties as C:\proram files\anark\client\amclient.dll two others ending in AKcorENU.dll and AKCore.dll then there is asystem tab which shows my system with particular regard to video and screen capabilities. I have scanned with everything I can think of and drawn a blank, I don't think it is doing any harm but I am annoyed first as to how it got there and secondly that I can't get rid of it.(I restored back to before I tried to delete it)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…