Analysing Windows Installation

RickH0684 01:08 16 Jan 06

Good Morning,

Wonder if anyone can help, Windows Explorer in Win XP seems to be crashing on occasions and the whole machine sometimes generally runs slow, have up to date virus and spyware tools running, hard drive does NOT need defragmenting so Windows says, thought it might be worth replacing or at least checking the installation, any advice/pointers would be much appreciated,

System specs FYI:

3.2GHz Intel Pentium 4 HT Tech
1GB DDR Ram
250GB HD
NVidia 5500 256MB onboard gfx
Creative Soundcard

NB. Nothing has been substantially changed except for the installation of a wireless network but this did not make any immediate changes when first installed, Windows Updates are all applied and up to date,

Thanks Again!

RickH

P.S - If anyone knows of any good benchmarking sites where i can test my machine with whats on the market, would also be much appreciated.

TOPCAT® 01:40 16 Jan 06

I've used this site from time to time in the past. It's free to use after registration and is very secure. After running the test it comes up with any recommendations that can be fixed either manually, or on the website itself. You can also benchmark your PC system against theirs. You can store your test results there too. TC.

click here

RickH0684 22:38 16 Jan 06

Many thanks for the above TC,

Seems to have sorted the problem, at least for now anyway!

Regards,

RickH

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced