Analogue/Line Input to PC

Mclearns Bald 17:02 03 Apr 06

I started inputting my old vinyl records into my PC via the 'Line Input' so I can convert them to mp3s. I've been using Polderbit5 software for recording into PC and for converting to mp3.

The only problem I have encountered has been the low sound while recording and while playing the mp3.

I am using on of these old music centres so I assume the signal from the record player has been amplified before being outputted from the music centre's auxilary port - which BTW can also take inputs from for example DVD or video player.

Even by putting the sound level at highest during the recording process the sound is still not as high as I would expect it to be.

Any suggestions on how I can obtain a higher level of sound?

Wak 17:10 03 Apr 06

Does the old music centre play your LPs loud enough normally?
If it does then just connect the head phone socket on the music centre to the line-in socket on the computer.
That's what I do.
click here

pj123 17:16 03 Apr 06

Give this a try?

click here

Mclearns Bald 18:13 03 Apr 06

Thats a brilliant idea Wak. The normal sound on the music centre is OK. I was actually considering taking outputs from the speaker ports but your idea is even better.

Thanks

Mclearns Bald 18:15 03 Apr 06

Thank pj123 but I already have recording software.

Wak 20:46 03 Apr 06

Hi, I understand from other forums that the output from the speaker ports can sometimes be too much for the computer so the headphone socket is the safest. I had one or two problems at first so I put it all down on my above link once I got it sorted to my own satisfaction.
Best of luck.
Wak.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…