Analogue vs digital connection to monitor

PRS 17:13 06 Feb 03

My graphics card and my TFT monitor can talk to each other digitally and via analogue cable. Can anyone tell me whether I should connect both or just one (which?) and is there really a lot of difference in quality with the digital?

MartinT-B 17:17 06 Feb 03

Just the digital

with the analogue connection the PC graphics(which work digitally) converts the signal to analogue, the the monitor converts it back!

Only TFTs support DVI at the moment, so both connections are there to enalable smaller TFTs and CRT screens.

dth 17:19 06 Feb 03

digital as tft monitors are designed to receive a digital signal - if you use the analogue connector the signal has to be changed

if it is raining you don't go on your bike you use your car (as the Chinese say)

BrianW 17:21 06 Feb 03

PRS - Digital gives a more stable and clearer picture. I've tried both on my 17 TFT - no point in using analogue if you don't have to.

PRS 17:23 06 Feb 03

Wow - the speed you fellows reply!!
Thanks - that is fairly clear cut!

MartinT-B 17:25 06 Feb 03

LOL

MartinT-B 17:25 06 Feb 03

LOL - it's a race!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…