Analogue Video connections VCR to PC

jimd 14:05 09 May 04

I wonder if anyone can help with some advice, trying to connect my VCR to PC to transfer Tapes to DVD
VCR has two scart sockets, but no video out, has audio out. Creative graphics card 3D blaster personal cinema (Nvidia geforce mx2- tv tuner connector box)has comp video in, svid in and line in sockets. can capture to hard drive using tv tuner and ariel cable. cant get software to pick up video signal any other way. any ideas or do I need a VCR with a video out socket or a different graphics card?

stalion 14:32 09 May 04

you need an svideo connector goes in your scart connection at the video and a svideo lead from there to your video input on your computer.Regards

alnwrd 15:43 09 May 04

Not familiar with the hardware which you describe, but its easy to get vhs tapes on to your hard drive.

If your vcr has only scart sockets, and your capture card has composite (phono) sockets, you need a scart to phono cable.

Depending upon your pc hardware, audio from your vcr would be plugged in to your sound card. The scart to phono cable will contain a single video
phono plug, plus two sound plugs. You then may need an adaptor to plug into your sound card depending on the input sockets available.

Finally you need some software to capture the video and sound.

Pearly Gates |X|X| 15:57 09 May 04

Hello - You can get the video out by using a scart connector that is configured as an "out." Index have a scart/phono switchable adaptor, or you can use your s-video connectors for the video.
If you have a USB2 connection on your computer this gadget does it all click here
Got everything including software. You may get it cheaper elswhere. Got one myself ,you can edit the video once captured, add own sounds, take out adverts and watch the film whilst it is being captured.

Agent Smith 16:09 09 May 04

If you can capture TV to your hard drive you can put your tapes on in the same way. I assume that you have TV capabilities on your graphics card. You just tune your TV card into your video as you would tune it into the Telly, via the aerial skt (RF in on VCR connected to aerial, then RF out on VCR to RF in on your TV card.) Play your tape so that you can view it on your pc and use the record facility on your graphics card software. Well that's what I do with an ATI TV card.

SEASHANTY 16:18 09 May 04

You need a scart to phono connection
click here
the video phono connects to the composite connection on your TV card input. As the line in connection is a 3.5 mm stereo jack socket you will need an adaptor (2 x RCA phono sockets to 3.5mm stereo jack plug) to connect the sound in to the sound card. This adaptor should also be listed somewhere on this website.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…