//some 3rd party need geo

Analogue video capture/editting

johndrew 15:06 28 Sep 05

I am new to the PC world.

I have home video on tape and DVDs produced on my DVD recorder. I have tried a lot of cut down programs that came with the computer and from magazine DVD/CDs. These include Microsoft, Ulead, Nero, Intervideo, Muvee and Cyberlink software. None has been satisfactory in some manner either not recognising video/audio format or not providing out put that is compatible with my DVD player. The only other two producers I have not tried are Pinnacle and Roxio because I have been unable to get any software to try.

I have been to many sites to look for information and help but there appears to be more interest in getting the money in rather than ensuring my needs are met.

Do you have any recommendations for software that will deal with the sources identified above for now and digital video input when I replace my camera. Ideally it should allow me to edit and enhance video footage and save to DVD video.

I am running XP Professional, AMD 64 3500 CPU, 2 Gig ram, NVIDIA GeForce 6600GT x 2, 2 x 250 Gig Hdrives.

Many thanks,

John Andrews

De Marcus™ 15:11 28 Sep 05

Sonic MyDVD - all in one, shoot, capture, edit and burn. click here

oseven 16:17 28 Sep 05

Buy a digital camera that accepts analogue "in" that will then convert the feed to digital.I use a Canon and have converted all my old analogue video in this way using Ulead Video 7.Althogh any software will work if you computer is powerful enough.

john-232317 17:39 28 Sep 05

Your not the first one to ask.... click here
The best way to copy VHS to DVD is with a stand alone DVD recorder, just hook it up to your VHS player and record in real time. The only problem is editing, but you can edit the DVD you make with Nero or Ulead etc and reburn to a new DVD.

Graham ® 17:45 28 Sep 05

DVD Recorder with hard drive is the easiest way.

I think the key to your question is:-

What exactly did the mentioned software NOT do. What were the video and or audio formats they could not handle.

That would provide the starting point.

VHS to DVD compatable MPEG is easy to do with the correct kit. DVD recording from a standalone unit need a bit more work especially if the format is VR mode.

john-232317 16:33 01 Oct 05

So how did you sort it ?

It might help the next person with the problem ;-)

DavidB71 21:38 03 Oct 05

Gave up on this issue ages ago and bought a dvd recorder. Can't edit titles & thumbnails etc but it is by far the easiest way to get vhs onto dvd.
I bought pinnacle's studio 9 with it's own breakout box (porche designed, ooh) and a firewire lacie external drive to record onto. No matter what I did the resulting playback from the dvd on the telly was never as good as the original vhs. Even when watching on a pc, some of the titles i'd put in between scenes would not appear! Waste of time.

What I would like is a nice prog that will let me load the dvd's i've made on the recorder, put titles in and then put back on another dvd with no loss of quality. Is this possible anyone?
Thanking you. (might start as new thread if no reply)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…