Analogue Video Capture

shandykid 08:53 27 Apr 03

Hi all,
I just bought a TIME computer with a Nvidia GeForce 4 128MB DDR RAM 8X AGP graphics and TV-out with 4 port video in/out. I have an analogue (8MM) video camera and want to edit this footage on my PC. Do I need to buy a analogue PCI capture card or is my graphics card capable of capturing analogue video (with the appropriate editing software)? Many Thanks.

Cantillion 09:21 27 Apr 03

Seems to me that you have all the relevant hardware - all you need is the software and relavent drivers for your graphics card (wdm drivers for your Nvidia graphics card). You can download a FREE programme for video capture called VirtualDub - there are plenty of guides on the internet for the use of this programme.

If your looking at editing your clips, there are a plethora of video editing packagages available - most of which have free 30 day trials (if your lucky, a package may have shipped with your PC such as VideoStudio or Power Director).

For more information, a great site is click here.

shandykid 12:41 27 Apr 03

Thanks Cantillion.......Anyone elso out there with any further comments/advice?
PS. Why do I need a driver for the graphics card and whats a wdm driver?

shandykid 20:18 27 Apr 03

Any more advice would be welcome

lixdexik 21:08 27 Apr 03

did an article on this subject ( issue 92 april 2003)it may be of use to look at that if you have win xp?

cheers Lixdexik.

lixdexik 21:25 27 Apr 03

on video editing..I have looked through my mags and issue 90 is missing so I think that will be the one with the workshop in it, I could be wrong though. Just thought I would mention it.

ramlin 14:17 30 Apr 03

I would ask the same question to the forum at click here
I was recommended the canopus advc-100. A review can be found at click here#

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…