Analogue Video Capture

seagulls 17:11 09 Aug 04

Can anyone suggest the best hardware and software to use for capturing video to burn to DVD from an analogue camcorder. I have access to USB2 and Firewire.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:38 09 Aug 04

Just type Video Capture in the search box on this site there are lots of threads on this subject.

Bagsey 17:42 09 Aug 04

Checkout this site for lots of good advice.
click here

cga 17:46 09 Aug 04

You can get free 30 day trials of both Pinnacle Visual Studio or Ulead Visual Studio from thei respective sites.

If you are thinking of using MyDVD (recommended by some) then check their web site for supported cards before buying.

woodchip 17:53 09 Aug 04

You need a TV card so you can connect the Camcorder to TV arial socket then scan for camera, like you would for channels although, if its got a AV then you do not need to scan. You should be able to freeze frame and copy to clipboard then past into a Photo edit program

TomJerry 19:26 09 Aug 04

If you are looking for a value for money product:

Internel one: Leadtek Winfast TV2000 XP Expert TV/FM Tuner with Nicam Stereo and Full PVR with Direct Burn Remote and Teletext £36.55 click here, very very good picture quality, come with Ulead Videostudio 7.0SE, the best value for money video editing software

Externel USB 2: Belkin Hi-Speed USB DVD Creator £44.4 click here.

If you want to get the Best in quality, you need to pay over £1000 even more. I am not familar with that product range so cannot recommend one.

absent 20:35 09 Aug 04

I have used the Belkin USB device mentioned by TomJerry with great results, although I will mention others have had problems getting this device to work properly. For software I have found Ulead Video Studio my favourite.

Alan

seagulls 11:20 12 Aug 04

Many thanks for your suggestions everyone. I will probably give the Belkin a try.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…