Analogue input - daft question

atoms 12:36 17 Jan 04

I have a Connect 3DRadeon 9800 Pro with a s-video connector. Can I capture video files direct from the S-video output on my Sony analogue camcorder?

I have perused the Radeon Multmedia manual but although mentioned connection of camcorders and vcr does not mention whether it is for digital only.

Thanks

MichelleC 13:28 17 Jan 04

It's for analogue camcords as it's for vcr (analogue). (Digital transfer would be thro firewire to pc.)

BTW if you ever upgrade to a Sony dv camcord some models have analogue 'passthrough' so you can transfer dv and analogue tapes (it auto converts to dv).

DieSse 17:25 17 Jan 04

Your graphics card probably only has an output (to output the graphics to another device, eg a VCR or TV.

It will say in it's specification if it also supports video-in - but this is out of the usual.

hugh-265156 17:31 17 Jan 04

it would need to be an ATI all in wonder(AIW)for video in and will look something like click here

DieSse 20:18 17 Jan 04

Not necessarily - some other boards support Video in, without having the Tuner that AIWs ahve - example click here

woodchip 20:25 17 Jan 04

I have a WinPCI and Daughters Sanyo analogue camcorder, I just plug it in to Ariel socket to play and capture

woodchip 20:27 17 Jan 04

If it's got Ariel you should be able to plug it in and show on Comp etc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…