Amstrad MegaPC - Repairing PCB

Gaz W 23:31 11 Jun 04

This is the only forum I could think of to ask this question...

I have an Amstrad MegaPC7-386SX with a Sega MegaDrive built in to it. There is a PCB at the front with two 9-pin D-type sockets mounted on it for the MegaDrive controllers (exactly like a serial port), but I need to remove the first one to repair the PCB, which has a broken trace.

I don't want to do that until I can find a replacement D-type connector. The problem is, I can't find one where the pins stick out of the back by about 1 centimetre; the serial port headers from AT motherboards only have the pins sticking out a couple of millimetres, and I don't want to have to solder "extensions" to each one.

Where can I get a D-type, 9-pin (9-way) socket with enough of the pins sticking out of the back for mounting on the PCB?

norman47 00:01 12 Jun 04

Look no further.

Amstrad mega pc 386, have one in my loft. I think the memory blew or one of the ISA, yes ISA cards went awol.

I think I know the part you require, it's awhile since I had it to bits. If you yellow envelope me your e-mail address I will try to get a few pictures tomorrow.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…