ams file (re posted)

Ballie 21:50 20 Jan 05

I have today istalled win xp (oem) on a system built from all my old pc bits (for my daughter) I got to the "pepering installation" bit and a box has poped up saying something like "win xp needs file "AMS" insert win-xp sp2 disc" (I am 99% sure it said ams) anyway I already had the disc in the drive it said get file from location the opptions where A: or D: D:is the cd drive it showed D:and some numbers ie where the file was I cliked ok but nothing would happen so after a few minutes I clicked cancel it then said that the user was terminating the set up and rebooted it then went back to pepering istallation and all seemed ok ie no more asking for files it has now completed the install and it seems to be working ok. Should I worry about this ? can anyone tell me what "ams" file is?

Thanks guys (ps thanks to TomJerry for all his recent help)

Taw® 22:27 20 Jan 05

Ballie had similar problem, even copied the ams file from a cd but still no joy. unfortunately I ended up getting new win. If you have two cd drives try installing from the other.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…