AMR drivers

the-george 00:00 06 Jan 05

On an older Packard Bell (400Mhz Celeron, Gigabyte ATX m/b)I have just freshly installed ME and all devices are working ok except for a PCI device which must be the AMR. using diagnostic software I identified it as AC97 Modem type - which is enabled in BIOS. The Packard Bell site, after typing in the serial no of Pc, says it is an Aztec MR2800 W Modem Riser. However after downloading the suggested drivers ( file called slme290) it is not recognised when I try to reinstall the drivers in device manager.
Any ideas?

ACOLYTE 00:11 06 Jan 05

What diagnostic software? as the only thing i can find for AC97 modem is about Linux drivers:

The goal of the AC '97 Modem Driver project is to develop an open source Linux device driver to support the modem functionality of the AC '97 Codec,

I have no idea waht that means but somone might.
Does the sound work? maybe the sound drivers need to be installed,Or maybe you need to insert a device/modem into the AMR slot on the mobo,apart from that i have no idea.

the-george 16:09 07 Jan 05

I used a program called Fresh Diagnose to look at the hardware and setup of the PC. Under Motherboard it showed three devices including Yamaha Soundcard which is working ok and then an AC97 Modem and an AC97 Audio card.
According to the Packard Bell site - after identifying PC by serial number - the card is an Aztec MR2800 W Modem Riser. There are links to the drivers and there is one available for ME which I downloaded. I followed the instructions carefully but everytime I point the install hardware wizard or reinstall drivers wizard at the appropriate files it syas it cannot find the drivers.

jimv7 16:48 07 Jan 05

The amr drivers should be on the motherdoard drivers cd.

the-george 23:22 07 Jan 05

This is a machine I that was going to be skipped and had no disks or manuals etc with it. Yes, a sad story but I'm a sucker for the homeless.

However, I found a solution. I ripped out the card and binned it, replacing with an old PCI modem whose drivers loaded troublefree from ME.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…