"A program can’t display a message on your desk top"

tonyq 10:31 AM 28 Aug 12

Hi all, I keep getting the the following coming up on screen,on my Toshiba laptop running vista.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y79/anthonyq/aprogramcannotdisplayamessage.jpg

I have run "system file checker",full virus scan,Malwarebytes and SuperAntispyware,to no avail.

Help please.

tonyq 10:34 AM 28 Aug 12

sorry,title should read. A program can’t display a message on your desk top .

tonyq 11:22 AM 28 Aug 12

Jock1e, there is a yellow exclamation mark in the following. Network Adapters - Teredo Tunneling Oseudo-Interface

Secret-Squirrel 11:41 AM 28 Aug 12

Tony, a Google search tells me that fsusbexservice.exe can belong to Samsung phone and tablet software. Do you have any installed on your PC, and if so, do you ever use it?

tonyq 12:36 PM 28 Aug 12

Secret-Squirrel yes i do have a Samsung phone,with the software Installed,which i do use occasionally.

Secret-Squirrel 12:46 PM 28 Aug 12

Thanks for the extra info.

The screen-shot of that message window says that there's partial incompatibility with that software and Vista. One option would be to go to the Samsung site and see if you're able to download a later, more compatible version. It'd probably be fine to install it over the top of the existing installation.

Having said all that, what happens when you click the "Show me the message" option? Once you've viewed it you may find it never reappears.

tonyq 08:58 AM 29 Aug 12

Picture, when clicked on "Show me the message".

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y79/anthonyq/ErrorPhoto.jpg

Secret-Squirrel 09:53 AM 29 Aug 12

Tony, that message wasn't all that helpful but it does seem to indicate that the program's installation is broken. I'd advise re-installing it as per my previous post.

PS: Your "Teredo tunneling pseudo-interface" is a network adapter for IPv6 networks. Considering that it's highly unlikely that any home user would find a need for it at present, I don't think you should worry about that yellow exclamation mark too much. It'd be very surprised if it's related to the current problem you're having.

tonyq 09:54 AM 29 Aug 12

Jock1e, I presume you mean. Network Adapters - Teredo Tunneling Oseudo-Interface. Would I be better uninstalling then re-booting letting windows sort it. or updadting myself ?

tonyq 09:12 AM 30 Aug 12

quick update, I tried to update the network adapter,but it came up saying I already had the latest drive,so I uninstalled it,then rebooted,now the network adapter does on show in Device Mange,but does not seem to have effected anything so far. I reinstalled the software for my Samsung phone. I don't know if the 2 problems are related,but things seem to be o.k.now. I will wait a few days to see how things go,before closing the posting (green tick). Thank you all for your help.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 vs Xperia Z5 Premium vs Xperia Z5 Compact: What's the difference between Sony's new ?…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This 3D food printer prints chocolate, cookie dough or pizza

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone