Amilo V3505

medcrap 15:31 16 Jan 07

Can anyone through some light on my problem.
I bought a Fujitsu Amilo V3505 laptop. I used for a bout a week. I then noticed the was a black line running down the screen. When I spoke to Fujitsu, they told me the screen was cracked and that it wasn't covered on the warranty, as there was no way the screen would crack unless some sought of accident had occurred. I tried to explain to them that no such accident had happened, and that the was no marks on the screen or on the case. They still stand by the statement, that I was reponsible for the damage, andmust pay for the repair. Is there anyone who has had the same problem.

RickyC :-) 15:47 16 Jan 07

click here

Whilst this may be a different problem to those described by other users, you may find some useful advice on this thread.

regards

Richard
Cover Disc Editor

spuds 17:14 16 Jan 07

When did you buy it!

Did you contact the retailer!

Did you pay by credit card!.

spuds 18:43 17 Jan 07

I received an email yesterday from medcrap, and it would appear that the laptop was purchased on the 4th Jan 2007 from Laptop Direct via credit card.

It also appears as though medcrap as contacted Laptop Direct, and they have informed and advised that they only give a 7 day warranty, and that the problem is the responsibility of Fujitsu!.

Raising further points,I have asked if the laptop was purchased new, 2nd hand, refurbished or as a returns model. I have also suggested to medcrap that they use the forum as a direct route for further help and advice, and that they supply information for all forum members to view and perhaps help.

FreeCell 19:46 17 Jan 07

Warranty

All brand new notebooks come with a minimum of 1 year's collect and return warranty direct with the manufacturer. In many cases this can be upgraded to 3 years with the purchase of an extended warranty package. Please check the warranty for each laptop or call 0870 167 0818 for more information. Please note extended warranty packages must be registered within 30 days and that you cannot return any faulty goods to us - they must be returned to the relevant manufacturer. Extended warranties must also be returned unopened if a refund is required. Please note: Factory Outlet computers and accessories systems come with a 12 month warranty. This service is offered by Easy Computers.

Taken from Laptops Direct website. Amilo V3505 is in January sale.

Only in T&Cs does 7 days get mentioned and that is under Cancellation of an order.

I am sure those with greater Consumer Law knowledge will have views on whether the seller or the manufacturer is responsible for goods that are not of sufficient quality.

spuds 23:25 17 Jan 07

Your consumer rights click here

medcrap 09:38 18 Jan 07

I purchased a new laptop. We have spoken to trading standards in Wales and they say that Laptops direct are braking the law by stating they will only give a 7 day warranty for return of fauly goods. I have now sent a recorded letter to Laptops direct to state the information I recieved from Trading Standard. If I do not get a satisfactory reply, then Trading Standards Wales will be contacting the loal trading stardards in the area to report Laptops Direct.

spuds 10:34 18 Jan 07

I would also inform your credit card company, that you have a problem and you are trying to seek re-address to the problem with Laptop Direct. Under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act, the credit card company (not debit card) have 'Equal Liability' to resolve any issues affecting this purchase, should Laptop Direct deny any further responsibilities.

Taking in the 7 day rule, I can only assume that this should refer to The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations click here Unless of course, the laptop was purchased 'not as new', in which case Laptop Direct could provide different warranty terms. Whatever the case, they cannot just refer the matter to the manufacturer, if the item is new or faulty on arrival, it is the seller's responsibility to deal with any problems, as per consumer law. The manufacturer's warranty is an additional benefit and not compulsory, unless the manufacturer is the direct selling agent.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017