Amilo Laptop Power Issue

adampriley 11:50 07 Jan 07

I have a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo M1425. Recently it stopped charging after the power adapter became frayed. I ordered a replacment from siemens. To charge my laptop in the interim I used my brothers charger (he has a Amilo M1437G).Using my brothers, the laptop charged succesfully for a day, and then stopped charging - When I returned the charger to my brother, his laptop would not charge!

I have given my brother my newly received power cable (without using it), and it works fine on his laptop, but am unsure if to buy myself one incase it just "blows" again.

Speaking to fujitsu, they think the problem is not related to the slightly different Amp outages of the two charges, but that its something with my laptop. Does anyone have any ideas what the problem could be?

Taff™ 12:03 07 Jan 07

Inside the laptop there is a charger circuit module either on the main board or sometimes a separate module. This provides power from the mains lead when plugged in or switches to battery when no DC is detected. This could have failed but I don`t think this could have blown your brothers charger.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…