American Phone Connection

stokiedan 11:06 07 Apr 03

Could someone please tell what phone cable connector is used in the United States as i am visiting there soon and need to know if i need to buy an adapter. Is it the RJ11 type???

Best Regards,
Stokiedan

Lozzy 11:29 07 Apr 03

I am currently in the states and your best bet is to buy a modem cable rather than an adaptor as the cable costs $3.99 at Circuit City (currently on offer) and the adaptor is $6.99.

€dstow 15:13 07 Apr 03

Don't know whether they still do them but, worth a try. Dixon's (!?!?!?!?!) used to sell a small kit of world wide phone plugs/sockets/adapters. It was only a fiver or so.

€d

SEASHANTY 15:22 07 Apr 03

Check with a branch of "STAPLES". Being American owned they did have U.S. adapters on sale a while ago. Usually located in the larger retail parks but the last time I checked their website it only listed store locations and catalogue ordering facility. They don't list catalogue products on the website which is a bit unfortunate.

€dstow 15:27 07 Apr 03

Of course you can always get them at the airport.

€d

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…