American Dates and XP

Simley 20:39 05 Jan 03
  Simley 20:39 05 Jan 03

I've just upgraded to Windows XP and everything is fine except that whenever I type in a date as 06/01/03 (6th Jan), my PC changes it to 1st June (01/06).

I have changed the Date / Time / Regional Settings under but this hasn't resolved the problem.

Does anyonw have any other ideas?

Philip2 20:45 05 Jan 03

Try going to Regional and language in my computer it should be set to uk if not you can ajust date to how you want it to be shown.

Old PC man 20:47 05 Jan 03

What program are you using that you need to type in the date? If it's "Word" or some other word processing prog, you may have to change the regional settings in there also.

You could try using the "Insert" drop down on the menu bar, select date and time and set the default type of date settings you require from there.

Cheers,

John <:-)

Philip2 20:48 05 Jan 03

Sorry should have said go to my computer then control panel.
It's my age.

VoG™ 21:05 05 Jan 03

Start, Control Panel, Regional and Langusge settings. Make sure that "Long date" is shown as

Sunday, 05 January 2003

WaTcHiNg 14:56 06 Jan 03

you need to check that the system locale is also set to UK. I had been chagning mine as the user for ages but only just remembered that I need to logon as administrator and change the system locale as well. Once I did this, all works fine.

Simley 19:27 06 Jan 03

Philip 2 - Regional and language info all set to UK.

VoG - Long date set is correct.

Old PC Man - the programmes with this problem are Excel and Access.

Still no joy.

WaTcHiNg - I don't understand where do I find 'System Locale' ?

VoG™ 22:55 06 Jan 03

I had exactly the same problem and solved it click here

dez fowler 04:33 07 Jan 03

If VoGs link doesn't work then try this.

I had a similar problem using Queries in Access, they work in the US date format but after hours trawling through help files i found that there is a function to output the date in UK format instead.

€dstow 07:23 07 Jan 03

Have you looked under "date format" in the Help files of the offending programs?

As far as I can make out, all is clearly explained there including the meaning of "Locale".

€d

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…