American to British

Sabrah 00:28 04 Jun 05

Will my American software i.e. disks/cdroms work on British made pcs? I have a huge library of programs, mostly graphics ( I am into graphic design ) I am moving to England in three months and am not bringing my pc with me but plan to buy a new computer when I arrive. I know that my dvds need a player that supports both PAL/NTSC to play my movies and am not sure about my cds playing on UK cd players, but very nervous that my software programs will work on UK pcs. Someone please help!!

Night Ryder 00:41 04 Jun 05

If you remember when you installed your software for the first time there was a choice of English US and English UK. Choose the English UK install.

Kev.Ifty 00:44 04 Jun 05

Your CD's will play.

DVD'S you will need a muti region DVD player or bring your own (were region 2).

I am sure your PC programs will be ok.

BUT i regret to inform you the @ and " will be in a different place on your keyboard. :-)

Welcome (inadvance) to Blighty

Kev.

Forum Editor 01:03 04 Jun 05

about your software, Sabrah. It will install and run perfectly on a UK-made machine.

DieSse 01:12 04 Jun 05

If you prefer it, you will fairly readily be able to get a US standard keyboard in the UK.

GRFT 07:25 04 Jun 05

It's OK Sabrah, foreign-built PCs are more or less the same as domestic ones - everything's made in Taiwan! As already mentioned, the only thing to be concerned about is the quirky keyboard layout, but you'll soon get used to it.

jbaker65 10:28 04 Jun 05

As for your dvd's playing in a different region, nearly all dvd players can have their firmware modified to play dvd's of any region.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…