American bought SD cards for digital camera

DIDO 18:26 14 Feb 05

My card reader seems unable to open SD cards purchased in America. Ive tried 2 seperate cards purchased by different people is there a difference from UK purchased items or any more suggestions please

Diodorus Siculus 18:28 14 Feb 05

There should be no problem; have they been formatted ? Does the camera recognise their presence at all?

Stonechatz 18:30 14 Feb 05

... or do American stores have an "over my dead body" attitude to refunds? I must have struck out unlucky ...

Stonechatz 18:30 14 Feb 05

... or do American stores have an "over my dead body" attitude to refunds? I must have struck out unlucky ...

DIDO 18:31 14 Feb 05

Yes photographs are stored - its these I cant open

Diodorus Siculus 18:34 14 Feb 05

Can you view them in any way? On the camera? Or on PC?

DIDO 18:44 14 Feb 05

Can be viewed on camera but not on PC

Diodorus Siculus 18:45 14 Feb 05

Are you sure the reader is working? Or are you connecting directly between camera and computer?

DIDO 19:06 14 Feb 05

reader working OK -the 16mb card supplied with camera is OK. The 2 I cant access are 256MB cards .
The one Im trying at the moment contains only High Definition photos - perhaps this is the problem. The software to download from Camera to PC is still in America - its my sons camera who works on a cruise liner

FelixTCat 19:10 14 Feb 05

It is possible that the reader cannot cope with 256 MByte cards. I had this problem and had to update the reader. Check the manufacturer's website.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac