Amending Word style pre-set

xania 11:10 AM 31 Oct 11
Answered

Using Office 2007, whenever I open a new document it sets the style to Normal, but I want it to set the style to No spacing. Yes, I know I simply have to click a single key on the home ribbon, but my boss wants this to happen automatically on her PC. How can I amend this, please.

gengiscant 11:30 AM 31 Oct 11

You could do something like I have done is open a new document do all the alterations you want then use "save as" give it a title save it to the desktop or somewhere. Then when the document is opened you are good to go, remembering to save it as something else once you have completed the doc.

I have one doc set up with a certain personal details,address and the like also spacing/font etc has been set.Other docs, templates I believe they are called, set up differently, but all kept in a folder on the desktop for ease of use.

Sea Urchin 11:42 AM 31 Oct 11
Answer

You just need to amend the Normal Template, and then al new documents will open with those settings

Here's how

Change Normal Template

xania 11:49 AM 31 Oct 11

Thanks Sea Urchin - I was looking in totally the wrong place.

gengiscant 12:13 PM 31 Oct 11

Very usefulSea Urchin, wish I had known about this earlier.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 vs Xperia Z5 Premium vs Xperia Z5 Compact: What's the difference between Sony's new ?…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This 3D food printer prints chocolate, cookie dough or pizza

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone