Amending Scanned Letters

Tinker Bell 23:33 19 Apr 08

Hi folks

I've received a letter which I want to post on another forum for advice, is there a way I can blank out the personal contents within the letter?

I've scanned the letter but it won't let me amend any details.

TIA

brundle 23:37 19 Apr 08

Load it into Paint? It's pretty basic but ought to do the job unless the scan is in a format it doesn't support click here.
Otherwise use Irfanview and open the Paint dialog with F12 click here

johnnyrocker 23:37 19 Apr 08

save the scanned document somewhere then you can edit as you wish.?

johnny

brundle 23:37 19 Apr 08

That's assuming it's an image file and not an OCR'd document.

Conny 23:40 19 Apr 08

Save to word. Reload it into another document and try to amend from there.

Tinker Bell 00:07 20 Apr 08

Hi folks.

Thanks for the information so far, I'm using Open Office.Org.

Just to clarify what I've done so far:

Opened blank document (Open office) > Insert > Pictures > Request > Scan > Save as, now saved it to my desktop.

Conny 00:46 20 Apr 08

OK. Now open a blank document, insert and try to edit in this one. If it works save it again but with a 1 or a at the end so you also retain the original copy for future reference.

Technotiger 07:54 20 Apr 08

You need a OCR program in order to be able to edit a scanned document. click here

Tinker Bell 14:24 20 Apr 08

Hi Conny

I tried that, but I get a pop up: "This is not a valid bitmap file,or it's format is not currently supported"

Tech thanks, does it matter which OCR link I click on?

Technotiger 14:37 20 Apr 08

Have not used them myself (I have OmniPage Pro) but I guess No1 on the list should be as good as any Free ones.

Tinker Bell 15:02 20 Apr 08

Hello Tech

Thanks for the help, much appreciated, however, although I've downloaded the programme, I'm not understanding what I have to do, I won't test your patience any further.

Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…