AMD v Intel

Funkmastabuzz 22:01 PM 22 Jun 11

There is a duel core intel i3 sandybridge3.0Ghz, motherboard and 8Gb of ram I could get for my budget its about £230

but would tne AMD Quadcore 3.6Ghz motherboard and 8Gb of Ram for a simlar price be better.Or if any body has any suggestions that would be amazing as Im still undecided im more worried about compatability/reliablity more than a few Mhz if I wont really notice it. So what im really saying is which of thoose two chips would be best considering what I want to mainly use it for (music production) as I think they are my best two options (unless someone else has an idea).

Thanks in advance

woodchip 22:25 PM 22 Jun 11

Me I would go for the AMD, if it was for video it would be Intel. But that said there is not a lot in them that you posted for

ams4127 22:40 PM 22 Jun 11

I'll agree with woodchip. Go for the quad core AMD bundle.

gengiscant 08:33 AM 23 Jun 11

I personally would plump for the Intel as they run so much cooler than the AMD chips.

amonra 12:54 PM 23 Jun 11

You get more bang for your buck with AMD. Go for the quad.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11