AMD Processors in Laptops

NadineCoyleRocks 12:18 20 May 03

I was wondering if anyone had an opinion on buying a laptop with an AMD processor. A friend told me that he wouldnt touch one, do to the heat that AMD processors create and the dangers this would create in a slimline this true?

The Transporter 12:41 20 May 03

AMD is fast becoming the better processor, especially now they have released the 0.13 size processor. It produces a lot less heat.

Laptops are designed to provide adequate cooling to every bit of hardware inside it otherwise it would cook itself. I run a desktop Athlon. They are cheaper, just as good as an intel and do the job more than adequately.

My friend has an athlon laptop and he has no trouble with it.

click here

click here

NadineCoyleRocks 12:46 20 May 03

Thanks im actually a fan of the athlon processor in a desktop but did have concerns over amd with laptops..

How is it possible to know if a laptop has the new 0.13 size processor in it, will they inc it in the spec?

The Transporter 13:10 20 May 03

The new processors with 0.13 are the Barton or the Thoroughbred processors.

click here

The actual manufacture should enclose what typ eof processor etc will be in the pc in the technical specs.

Look for:

Cache Memory 512 KB - L2 Cache - Pipeline Burst

As the new Barton processors support 512 instead of 256 level 2 cache size.

NadineCoyleRocks 13:14 20 May 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…