AMD Processors

Dudey 21:24 29 Apr 05

I Have two processors and cannot decide which processor to fit into which system....

I have a Semperon 2200 and an Athlon XP 2400+ (version 10)

The motherbards are An ASRock K7VT4A Pro and an ASUS A7N8X Deluxe. I have 1.5Gb of PC3200 ram to share between them.

Help........

Trackrat 21:31 29 Apr 05

On checking the specs of these mobo`s the Asus does not support Semperon but the AS Rock does so you only have one choice.

Dudey 21:34 29 Apr 05

Have checked on the ASUS site and they have a bios update that will allow the MOBO to tak ethe Semperon....

Also which would be better with the increased ram

Mr Mistoffelees 21:35 29 Apr 05

In your position I would fit the Sempron to the ASRock m/b with 0.5GB ram and fit the Athlon to the Asus board with 1GB of ram. Doing it this way will give you the greatest benefit from the faster Athlon processor.

Dudey 21:37 29 Apr 05

Sorry, gave the detaile wrong.. the MOBO is an A7N8X-E Deluxe..

rubella 21:40 29 Apr 05

The Asus has a better chipset. I agree with Mr Mistoffelees. The ASRock should merrily tick along with the Semptron and .5gig of RAM, and the 1 gig on the Asus should reduce bottlenecks on the Athlon.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…