amd processor

kenamb 18:16 04 Sep 04

I have just put in my system a amd 2400+ processor and it seams good.But when i play my old game usm soccer manager it locks up after a couple of minutes.will this be a bios prob i have tried installing the new bios but i dont know if it went on.When the system reboots it says unknown processor 2000mhz , should it say amd.
Thanks
Ken

David-277685 18:22 04 Sep 04

Does you motherboard definately support that speed of proccessor? Post make/model and bios revision if possible and you'll get more definate responses.

keith-236785 18:30 04 Sep 04

sounds like an overheating problem, did you use your old hs/f, and did you clean and re-paste the proc before fitting hs/f to 2400xp. i had this problem and it was because i had removed the proc to try in another mobo. on putting back it kept freezing though the temps didnt go too high.

once i cleaned and re-pasted it was and still is ok.

kenamb 19:37 06 Sep 04

I have a soltec kav75 and i wrote to soltec and they told me i just had to download the new bios
but i dont think i can load it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…