AMD Motherboard .....Suggestions please

I am looking at upgrading my mobo to either the Latest Abit or Asus A78NV Deluxe.

Wondered if anyone had any suggestions or experience with either as I cannot seem to find any decent revies of either board.

Does anyone know of any board about to be launched as AMD boards seem to have been at a standstill for a little while.

Any comments or suggstions very welcome.

TIA.

Sorry - Should read the Asus A7N8X Deluxe!!

mike_w 10:11 04 May 03

I would advise the A7N8X Deluxe, it's got very good reviews

goonerbill 10:17 04 May 03

nvidia2 chipset mobo's get good reviews and the kt400 chipset mobo's also. there is a new amd mobo due out soon if not out already believe is got the code kp400 or kr400 read it in pcpro or pcw mag will look and find out for you. also pc advisor, pcpro, pcw or computer shopper (cant remember which one) has done a review of the top mobo's for amd and intel cpu's recently

goonerbill 10:21 04 May 03

found the review click here

goonerbill 10:31 04 May 03

just found this site with great reviews

click here

clayton 10:44 04 May 03

Read here

click here

Asus A7N8X click here

ABIT NF7-S v2.0
click here

youll notice that both of these boards are revision 2 so make sure thats the version you get.

jimv7 12:12 04 May 03

Hi Smiffy99,

MSI KT400 series, good for athlon 3000+, usb2 ata serial raid, stable to the extreme.

professor 12:30 04 May 03

Gigabyte GA-7VAXP Ultra-no contest, why the ASUS A7N8X deluxe gets better reviews than the gigabyte i dont know as the gigabyte in reality kicks the crap out of the ASUS

prof

professor 12:32 04 May 03

if you want to see my point get pc pro issue 103 (may 03) it has a MB megatest section with 34MB's in it

prof

clayton 13:27 04 May 03

If the Gigabyte is a better board then why on pc pros website is the Asus A7N8X Delux given a PC PRO A list award click here

Taken from pc pro site about Gigabyte 7VAXP Ultra

"If we're looking to pick holes, the Promise RAID controller doesn't support striping and mirroring at the same time, but ultimately the Gigabyte is a good choice. Asus' A7N8X Deluxe just pips the 7VAXP Ultra to the finishing post, but if you can find it cheaper, this KT400 motherboard won't disappoint".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…