AMD K7 processors?

mags65 14:44 24 Apr 05

Are AMD K7 processors athlon, sempron, duron etc. This may be a dumb question I apologise if it is. I usually stick to P4's. Just want some info about these processors to find out if they're any good and what type of price in comparison to P4's.

john-232317 14:57 24 Apr 05

Used AMD for about 6 / 7 years no problems at all.

john-232317 15:02 24 Apr 05
  Arthur Scrimshaw 15:13 24 Apr 05

K7 is Athlon, Athlon XP - AMD dropped the K prefix some time ago. AMD only make two processor types now - the AMD64 and the lower cost Sempron (which is really a renamed Athlon)
Check retailers for price comparisons with P4 (eg ebuyer click here) For a performance comparison (AMD vs Intel) see click here

mags65 15:54 24 Apr 05

My friend has a comp with Mercury MB nforce2. It say it takes AMD K7 processor. Does this mean then that the builder has used an older MB and an older processor. If so is it likely that he has had them lying about for some time and is using the stock up on unsuspecting buyers and charging high prices.

Pooke100 16:25 24 Apr 05

as in the other thread....what all did she get for her money?

Arthur Scrimshaw 21:24 24 Apr 05

maybe if you had just told us your concerns in the first place instead of posting several threads each with a different topic you would have got a more succinct answer and not sent us all of at a tangent?

Totally-braindead 22:22 24 Apr 05

AMD are good, I've used them for years now and pound for pound speed wise they are cheaper than their Intel equivalents. Don't use Intel chips, not because theres anything wrong with them just because they are too expensive.

Totally-braindead 22:24 24 Apr 05

Pooke100 what on earth are you on about? Who is she? mags65 is asking about are AMD chips any good, I don't know what you're on about.

Arthur Scrimshaw 22:37 24 Apr 05
  Totally-braindead 22:50 24 Apr 05

Thanks for that Arthur Scrimshaw now I follow.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…