AMD Duron 1600 CPU

Spark6 20:57 02 Apr 04

I have taken Gongoozler's advice re purchasing a case, motherboard and CPU from Ebuyer. Unfortunately, the Coolermaster fan he/she recommended is no longer available.

I would appreciate advice/recommendations for a suitable alternative, and would the fan be supplied with the necessary heatsink and thermal paste?

The CPU is an AMD Duron 1600 266FSB.

woodchip 21:04 02 Apr 04

Buy a CoolerMaster that's Big enough for the CPU it will say on Ebuyer

Gongoozler 21:14 02 Apr 04

Hi Spark6, I'm using the Arctic Cooling Copper Silent 2 Tc, but its listed as being on 5 days delivery click here. It's working well and is very quiet. The Coolermaster range is also good, but not as quiet, e.g. click here, but this is listed as being on 14 days delivery.

This one looks good, is said to be in stock and is reputed to be quiet click here. The good thing about a fairly modest processor such as the Duron 1600 is that it isn't difficult to keep reasonably cool.

Oh, and by the way, the last time I looked, I was definitely a he.

Hax 21:20 02 Apr 04

On ebuyer the 1600 Duron is OEM so won't be supplied with heatsink,fan,or thermal paste.

LOok at the link for alternatives and as woodchip says just make sure that the you buy big enough for the chip.

click here

Spark6 22:18 02 Apr 04

Big thankyou Mr Gongoozler.

In this PC world we have to be polite at all times so I hope you will excuse me, your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks to all who have responded, I'll try to take it from here.

Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…