AMD display driver crashing

mark3986 23:24 25 Aug 11

Hi I have had a new custom PC for 5 weeks now and it was working fine for about 4weeks but all of a suuden The AMD driver just keeps crashing. I have tried reinsinstalling, new and previous AMD drivers, this did not solve the problem. I am at the end of my tether, the reason I got this PC was for video, 3D work and gaming and it can't do any of that at the moment because it constantly freezes then goes black and comes on a blue screen saying display drivers crashed and recovery timed out

gengiscant 07:01 26 Aug 11

Did you build this yourself? If not, I would suggest that you get in touch with the builder as you may well have a faulty graphics card, which would make installing new and previous drivers a waste of time.

PcTestCard.co.uk 08:29 26 Aug 11

Try install the latest mobo chipset driver and reboot the system. Then install the latest video card driver.

Also reset the bios default.

Check the system temp for overheat issue.

Hope this helps! Bill

sunnystaines 08:48 26 Aug 11

could the graphics card be at fault

mark3986 22:11 26 Aug 11

PcTestCard.co.uk could write down wot i need to do step by step please.Thanks

gengiscant from a shop its http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190552724140?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 that computer mate

rdave13 22:51 26 Aug 11

As it's a new PC then contact viboxltd via e(crap)bay. Some problems with your AMD card with some mobos. Use a search engine to see 5450 problems with Windows 7. Complain via ebay. Best of luck.

gengiscant 09:24 27 Aug 11

According to the link you have provided I see in his warranty policy he says you are covered by a 'manufactures return to base guarantee' this is wrong the seller is classed as a business seller so is covered by the same laws as an online shop etc. Your contract is with him.He is responsible for the PC not the manufacturer of its components. Get in contact with the seller and explain your problems. It sounds as if the graphics card is faulty and needs to be replaced. He is obliged by law to replace/repair the PC.

So in the first instance get in touch with the seller, keep a record of when you do and what you have said.If you have no luck with the seller either go to the Ebay complaints procedure and/or C.A.B who will advise.

This site will tell you your rights.Consumer rights It makes no difference that you bought on Ebay.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5