AMD Cool n Quiet - A8N-SLi Deluxe

PaulB2005 09:23 13 Jan 06

Been trying to get this working a few times now and each time it just fails.

A8N-SLi Deluxe BIOS 1016 (Just updated) + AMD 64 3200+

Followed the manual.

1) ASUS Cool & Quiet 1.2.2.2 driver

2) Change BIOS settings to Cool n Quiet ENABLED - it's actually listed as AMD K8 Cool n Quiet in my BIOS.

3) Change BIOS settings ACPI 2.0 Support to YES. Well, changed ACPI APIC Support to ENABLED. Can't see ACPI 2.0 Support specifically.

4) Boot to Windows. Control Panel, Power Options - Set Minimal Power Management. OK.

Install Cool and Quiet software and it just shows it running at 2 Ghz.

Any ideas?

Jdoki 09:41 13 Jan 06

I have an MSI board and Cool 'n Quiet has never seemed to work.

I may be wrong, but I think there might be an issue with the nForce chipset and AMD Cool n Quiet... I have seen a couple of BIOS updates for my board that claim to sort out the problem with certain CPU's. Might be worth Googling it.

Also, have you checked your running processess, just in case you have something running that is eating in to your CPU time? It might be stopping it triggering the slow down.

PaulB2005 09:53 13 Jan 06

All processes killed off and System Idle Proces is running at 99% - nothing going on....

Totally-braindead 11:42 13 Jan 06

I just bought the same board, I was looking at the Asus site yesterday and there is a fix for this, suggest you look there. Mine doesn't work either but I've not got round to sorting it out yet.

PaulB2005 11:53 13 Jan 06

Can you post where the fix is as i can't seem to find it...

Totally-braindead 13:09 13 Jan 06

This is what I was thinking of I think - AIBoost software can’t run if the Cool & Quiet function is enabled in BIOS. But you can run AI Booster Software by disabling Cool & Quiet function in BIOS first. Maybe thats why I can't get it to run, theres also something in the Forums about it but its very slow to load there.

PaulB2005 13:52 13 Jan 06

AIBoost isn't installed here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5