amd atholon

jfletcher02 18:01 26 Dec 04

HI ALL I NEED SOME ADVICE I HAVE A ADVENT COMPUTER WHICH I BOUGHT 8 MONTHS AGO I HAVE BEEN PLAGUED WITH PROBLEMS ALOT OF THESE SEEM TO COME DOWN TO THE PROCESSER OR SO I AM TOLD. I HAVE AN AMD 64 3200+. IS THIS PROCESSER THE ROUTE OF Y PROBS IS ANY ONE ELSE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THIS PROCESSER ALSO WHEN I LOOK ON SYSTEM INFO IT TELL SME THERE IS A X86FAMILY15MODEL4STEPPING8AUTHENTICAMD2000MHZ IS THE MODEL NUMBER FOR A AMD 64 3200+ AS IT DOES NOT LOOK RIGHT I HOPE I HAVE MADE SENSE AND THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

Taw® 18:29 26 Dec 04

click here download the home edition run and it will show you exaclty what all the components are. Then post back details with the exact problems you are having, only then will people be in a position to offer assistance

jfletcher02 19:37 26 Dec 04

Thanks for the advice it is the amd atholon 64 3200+ processor the main problem i am having is when i download and install windows xp service pack 2 my computer will not start unless in safe mode and i have to do a restore to solve this. i have been told this is due to the amd i have installed a patch from microsoft but this does not work also on a number of games most recent half life it will close with no warning thanks for your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…