AMD Athlon 64bit

adamh87 12:29 05 Oct 05

Hi I have just bought a new pc it as a athlon 64bit cpu with it i was just wondering is it worth upgrading my windows to Windows XP 64bit?

If so is there a way of doing this on the windows site?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:03 05 Oct 05

"It's not for everyone," Marr said. "Technical workstation users that need advanced memory support and better floating point performance will be well served by Windows XP 64-bit Edition. It provides the highest performance and scalability for those customers that are pushing today's 32-bit capabilities. But we're recommending that most users stay on the 32-bit platform for the foreseeable future." click here

click here

Totally-braindead 18:13 05 Oct 05

Have to agree with Fruit Bat /\0/\ here. If you did decide to upgrade there would be no improvement in performance as far as I am led to believe, the time when you will get an increase is when software has been written to get the advantage of 64 bit computing and that hasn't happened yet. Drivers as well may be an issue because as Fruit Bat /\0/\ correctly points out a lot of manufacturers haven't written them yet, so you may upgrade and find things on your PC don't work properly. But if I was going to buy a new PC then 64 bit is one thing I'd be looking for, not for now but for the future. Keep what you have just now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…