AMD advertisement behaviour

Yokel 18:36 16 Nov 03

Yes, I have read the other threads on this topic.
Yes, I do understand the need for advertising revenue.

The 'About' X button exit provided does nothing at all.
The 'de-activate permanently' choice produces two mis-placed re-sized windows, on with the ad one without.
Having closed one and restored the proper one with toolbar and logged in the ad re-appears and I then have to go through the whole process again.
Having logged out I have to close and restart IE6 to get the toolbar back.
At each visit to the site the ad is still active so I go round the loops again.

Am I missing some trick?
Is this the intended behaviour of the AMD ad ?
Is this a permanent feature?

I do not intend to install a third-party fix as of the few other pop ups I encounter none needs more than one click to dispose off and do not presume to modify my settings.

Rayuk 19:33 16 Nov 03

Isnt there an option to disable it for good so unless you clear out your cookies or reformat it should be ok next time you log on.
Thats what I did but unfortunately cannot remember exactly how.

Its those drum beats that get on my nerves,when they first started thought something had gone wrong with my pc.

hugh-265156 19:58 16 Nov 03

if you look to the top left of the advert you will see and "opt out" button

click it and a message will appear asking if you want to deactivate permemantly or just this one time.

choose whichever you want.if you choose to deactivate permenantly then..

if,when you log in again it appears once more even though you deactivated it,you may find if you click

tools/internet options/privacy/advanced

that you have your cookies set to accept"first party cookies" but block "third party cookies"

this means that the advert(third party) cannot install a cookie to tell your browser not to show the ad.

so if its appearing all the time just accept all first an third party ones,tell the ad to get lost and you will never see it again.

Yokel 20:52 16 Nov 03

Thanks for that - all OK now.
I'd been round the 'Opt out - permanent deactivation' loop umpteen times to no avail, it was the enabling of third party cookies that sorted it.
I guess I can now disable them again, it gives Adaware so much less to do.
Do you think these things are tested at all or were we unwittingly part of a beta test ?
Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…