//some 3rd party need geo

AMD 64/PCI/SLI arrangement

Giddygum 13:47 23 Jan 05

Looking at system using AMD 64 or FX CPU and incorporating PCI and SLI technology.
Are there any motherboards, chipsets and graphics cards to support this arrangement?

Is SLI only available to nVidia cards and is this likely to change?

Can you use different makes/models of cards?

Can a second card be purchased at a later date and converted to SLI (if others components configured at time) ?

Can existing technology (eg monitors or even the current cpus ) cope?

Steve N 14:32 23 Jan 05

You will need an SLI enable motherboard.

I believe Asus have one out at the moment. Check it out on their website.

As long as the motherboard supports the CPU then there shouldn't be any compatability problems.

I am not sure if you can use cards from two different manufacturers, best to check on this.

click here

Also you can just run one Nvidia card initially then when that one begins to struggle you can by another card...hopefully cheaper because of depreciation and just pop that in to give ur PC a bit more zest.

SLI is an Nvidia only technology and yes is only available on Nvidia cards that support the technology (6x00 series I think).

ATI are working on a similar technology that apparently doesn't need the little bridging PCB that connects the two cards together. This will prob be available mid 2005.

Any more Qs I'd be glad to try and answer them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…