AMD 64 3000 & ASUS K8N-Deluxe - Good Combo?

bigbaldkev 20:46 31 Oct 04

Is anyone out there using this combination? I am about to upgrade my PC and my budget covers the above and 1Gb of memory and I want your opinion on whether this is the way to go on a tight budget. I intend to spend just over £300.00 on the components and I want it to be money well spent as it'll be ages before I can upgrade again.

Thanks

Kev

son-of-a-gun 21:19 31 Oct 04

Hi bigbaldkev for around 2.5 years I was using Asus boards then on a factory made unit Evesham 4 boards in around 2 months played up big time, the problems only got solved when Evesham eventually changed the board to an MSI.
I'm currently using a K8Neo and a AMD 3400+ There is a forum for MSI users for help, I wouldn't have another Asus board now full stop.
I would ask a similar question here just my two penny worth
click here

Mr Mistoffelees 21:44 31 Oct 04

I've been using an Asus A7V600 for almost a year now with no problems at all, including after upgrading the BIOS recently using the built-in EZflash utility.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…