amd

are amd about to release something mindblowing? or have they admitted second gunner to intel? a year ago i spent over £200 on a 5200x2, i paid less for a 6000x2 and have just upgraded the 5200 to click here so why is the price dropping through the floor? i suppose these are on the way out?

alan2273 17:08 15 Oct 07

I dont care, I payed £100 for my X2 6000.
I certainly would not buy the black one for an extra 200mhz.

Apart from one computer all my builds have been AMD and if they keep dropping there prices i will stick with AMD even if as they say, it is being beaten by Intel.

umbongo(uk) 17:40 15 Oct 07

amd are dropping their price due to new chip release if you check out some hardware web page,s you will find this out

they have started the 65nm chip production and are about to release their qaud core
both amd and intel start dropping prices when newer chip proccess are evolving

remember weve gone from 90nm to 65mn an intel are starting their 45nm (intel have more money to throw at their products than amd)
the lower 5000 serie,s black editions come mutiplyer unlocked so overclock increase,s their potential on standard air and not having to raise the voltage
like i say more can be found out by going to place,s like hardcop ,toms hardware,tweaktown etc]
as most will know with no overclock amd kinda have a chip to go against most of intel cores
(not everyone steps into the realm of overclocking who use,s a computer )

click here

interesting reading and thanks for the replies, i wonder if amd will come close to click here when they launch the quad chips?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Best iMovie for Mac tips 2017 | How to edit video with iMovie: 26 brilliant video editing tricks…