amazon.co.uk - order by phone?

simmo09 21:18 30 Mar 08

ive read the amazon FAQ to see if i can pay by phone but found no information, just for online purchases.

My question is as a first time amazon buyer (im not registered) is can i look on amazon for what i want to buy, but phone them from my mobile to order the items? i always try and avoid online shopping, even though i know im %120 safe.

So can you order by phone?

Cheers

anskyber 21:47 30 Mar 08

As far as I am ware no, you cannot.

I use Amazon regularly and in my experience they are 100% solid for online buying provided you ensure they are the suppliers not another seller using Amazon.

Acx 21:49 30 Mar 08

I don't think so

click here says

We only accepts orders placed directly via the website using a range of Payment Options.

So order by phone I would say no unfortunately (unless someone else knows different).

interzone55 21:53 30 Mar 08

I've only ever had one problem with Amazon, and that was a third party seller (Barter Books) who couldn't find the book I ordered, so they refunded me after about two weeks of searching in their cavernous store. (ironically I found another copy of the book there the next time I visited).

Anyway, you can't order by phone, but you can pay by Cheque if you're worried about entering card details online

click here

Technotiger 21:53 30 Mar 08

Hi, I have bought loads of stuff through Amazon in UK, but always on-line. I have looked through all my paper-work from Amazon but there is no telephone number mentioned anywhere at all. So it looks as if you will need to make your purchase on-line. Amazon IMHO is a grreat way to make such purchases, always very prompt delivery and email notification etc.

mikeben121 22:46 30 Mar 08

I have ordered lots of stuff from Amazon. I would say I would trust them more than any other online retailer I have used. I have never had any issues with payments.

eedcam 22:47 30 Mar 08

Amazon is sound and if you have aproblem you request a call back from them and it either immediate or whenever you ask they call you so no charge. I rent my dvd's from them though they are giving that up and have had excellent response when I have had a query. The downside you cant contact them unless you are registered I think

simmo09 09:02 01 Apr 08

ok thanks for the advice i think i will order from them at some point soon then

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…