Amazon and Ebay have Hijacked Internet Explorer

Hi

hope someone can help, for some reason everytime I stsrt up IE, I now get 2 windows open.

One with my default start page and the other with Amazon or Ebay in it. Someting has obvioulsy adjusted asetting somewhere but where can I find it.

If anyone from Amazon is looking, it is very annoying and I will not purchase anything from you again.

Thanks in anticipation of some help

regards

Dave

Stuartli 19:49 26 May 03

Amazon, which I use regularly, has never affected my IE settings or left any unwanted residue on my system apart from the normal one-click ordering method, which proves very convenient when on its site.

Do not think the Amazon website is to blame, but something somewhere is opening up 2 IE windows everytime I start IE. It is driving me nuts.

Tried using pop up defender, but problem with that is, it will not let me open a genuine window, means I have to adjust the " block list" which is just as annoying as having to close the offending window.

you havent said what your normal home page is, its quite common for a lot of pages to come with an extra pop-up. change to google or something as your starting point and see if it stops. Two tools worth using are ad-aware and spybot search and destroy.

-pops- 08:07 27 May 03

You could have a look at this as well click here

Could it be Yahoo?

Have looked at about and obtained start page defender (many thanks for the link)

Problem does not seem to be happening now

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…