Am I victim to a trojan?

cannylad 20:33 06 Jun 03

A folder called E2G has suddenly appeared on my C
drive. I don't know where it has come from. In addition, afterdownloading a mod for battlefield 1942 an exe call UGO20.exe appeared.

I suspect this is a virus/trojan but I've been unable to find anything on the virus sites or message boards.

Running windows 98, IE6.

Has anyone seen this before?

The Spires 20:39 06 Jun 03

Have you done an online scan here click here.

Ironman556 20:42 06 Jun 03

Where are the files? Is it anything to do with the mod? If you have a virus scan move it to the virus vault (or equivalent) then try running the game with the mod. If the game won't run then it's somthing to do with the mod, and sould be ok.

cannylad 20:31 09 Jun 03

I've done all above without any difficulty.

The folder contained a text file called merchants.txt containing a list of web addresses followed by a number(like 2447411).

I've run the latest bugbear wipers and they don't recognize the folder or .exe in my antivirus vault.

Any more ideas.

Thanks for your help so far.

cannylad 21:09 09 Jun 03

Through the digital signature.

It is a little application from E3give, which logs member sites you are visiting. If you make a purchase from one of their member merchants, it logs it so a donation from the member merchant can be passed to them.

Dunno where it came from but its gone now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…