Am I really sending emails containing viruses?

naggis 19:49 10 May 04

Recently there have been a number of times when an email message tells me that an email could not be sent as it contained a virus. The emails in question are to people I have never heard of. The last was to [email protected] and apparently contained a virus called I-WormNetSky.b.
I have McAfee firewall, Norton Antivirus 2002 and BulletProof spyware remover. All of these programs have been used to find any problems but have found nothing of any import.
Can anyone tell me what is going on and how to get rid of the problem?

Diodorus Siculus 19:52 10 May 04

More likely that someone who has your address has a virus in their system; nowadays they tend to spoof email addresses.

bremner 19:52 10 May 04

You probably do not have a virus.

These mailing worms get your e amil address from an infected persons address book and then send out the mail with your address as sender.

naggis 19:58 10 May 04

Bremner - can I do anything to stop this happening? Can I find out where the source is?

bremner 20:00 10 May 04

No nothing unfortunately - went thru it myself, it eased then stopped after a few weeks.

Mailwasher can help.

naggis 20:04 10 May 04

Thanks for the help. I'll just have to hope it stops soon.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…