Am I a pirate?

pookie 11:43 24 Jul 08

Hi

I like horror films and have found some film websites where go can watch films online at no cost. You usually have to watch them in chapters and there are sponsors (commercials) every now and again.

As I am not downloading the films to view but am watching them online is this piracy? There is a lot at the moment in the news about downloading music and films but I think I am not downloading anything but just watching online.

Piracy or not?

Cheers

P

DieSse 12:03 24 Jul 08

Maybe - maybe not.

Not enough detail to know.

Covergirl 12:21 24 Jul 08

. . . it's "sponsored" by ads and therefore legal.

Rather like the free ISP's were years ago - free connection and time online as long as we can feed you adverts whilst you're browsing.

Go on thenh, tell us where it's at . . . :-)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:34 24 Jul 08

Do you where an eye patch, have a peg leg / hook or a parrot on your shoulder and wander round saying things like "Aghh Jim lad"?

sorry couldn't resist it ;0)

No I don't think your a pirate as you are not downloading, saving or distributing the software.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:40 24 Jul 08

Anyway how can a bay rabbit with wings be a pirate?

click here

DippyGirl 13:29 24 Jul 08

...not until 19th Sept click here

LastChip 13:40 24 Jul 08

I can't see how it's any different to watching films on ITV, or Channel4 or 5.

Whether the owners of the site are pirates or not is another issue, but providing they are paying the correct royalties for public viewing, probably not.

As DieSse indicates, there are lot's of "ifs and buts" and hence why media has become such a nightmare on the Internet.

MAT ALAN 13:41 24 Jul 08

Why is a pirate called a pirate, dunno, they just ARRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

sorry.

rossgolf 14:08 24 Jul 08

what is the site?

Legolas 15:49 24 Jul 08

lol

pookie

I doubt your doing anything illegal. I enjoy horror movies please share the link.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:04 24 Jul 08

I just wish I could spell,
where = wear
bay = baby

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…