Am I missing something?

ste_bla 15:45 21 Jul 04

So youve got a win xp computer with user accounts set up with passwords you think yay my files etc are protected.. you then come back after 3 days and find your "kind" brother has opend your documents & deleted some important ones from his account via c: drive..

So i ask you what is the point in passwords if everyone can end up accessing everyones files or have i somehow not ticked a box from stopping this from happening?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:07 21 Jul 04

Make his a limited user account to stop access.

LastChip 16:10 21 Jul 04

Where were the files located and what permissions did you apply to them?

If the files were in a common folder that anyone (known in XP as Everyone) could access, how did you think they were to be protected?

TomJerry 16:12 21 Jul 04

You need other measure if you really want to protect your files. Try this out Steganos Safe 6 click here

ste_bla 17:46 21 Jul 04

It was a guest account i have only admin account (safe mode passworded too), i just thought that they would stop other users accessing your document folders seeing each user had seperate ones...

luckly i had sense to make good back ups..

and i will d/load n try it now..

woodchip 17:49 21 Jul 04

You should backup your files to CD, Then you can put them back if you have probs. What if your comp went boom, you would lose the lot

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…